The Importance of having a Veterinary Dermatologist Near Me in Cape Canaveral
Why is it important to have a Veterinary Dermatologist Near Me in Cape Canaveral? The skin is an important organ and keeping it in good condition is very important. It's well known how pets need the protection of their fur coat but sometimes said protection could be hiding a skin condition, like rashes, infections, or scaly patches, causing your pet a lot of discomfort. Dermatological conditions such as allergies, parasites, or autoimmune disorders are the most common reasons why they are affected. Here at Ocean Animal Hospital in Cape Canaveral, we understand why it is so important to take your pet to a dermatologist if you notice something weird with their skin.
As a pet owner you need to have in mind that even though skin diseases are fairly easy to diagnose, the treatment is not always quite so simple. There are a lot of different types of dermatological treatments for dogs and cats, and also there exist other skin problems that require putting more work into effectively diagnosing them. Seeking professional help before these diseases advance is important in avoiding the risk of a secondary infection.
Chewing, scratching, or licking the skin are behaviors that could mean there is a problem with your pet’s health. It could be allergies, an infection, stress, or other more severe issues. That’s why it's important that if you start noticing these signs to bring your pet to the veterinary dermatologist nearby. Your pet’s physical appearance is also an essential indicator of their overall health. Bald patched, scabs, red skin are some indicators that are easy to spot.
Dog and cat allergies are usually seasonal, but they can also be prompted by allergens, a certain diet, or even a flea bite. These kinds are a common cause of skin and ear problems in pets, and typically manifest in the form of a skin disorder, so if you notice your pet scratching incessantly and chewing at their skin, they could have an allergy that is making your pet very itchy and uncomfortable.
If you notice some of the following pet allergy symptoms in your pet, please consult with Ocean Animal Hospital as soon as possible so that we can start their treatment!
- Constant, excessive licking, chewing, and scratching
- Fur/hair loss
- Red, inflamed skin
- Irritated or dry skin
- Raised bumps on the skin
Common triggers of skin conditions in pets.
- Many cats and dogs develop allergic reactions to flea saliva, this is a skin condition that is known as parasitic dermatitis, resulting in excessive and uncontrollable itching that is often severe and can put pets at risk of pain and infection.
- Skin infections can be caused by aggressive scratching, while others occur as a result of coming into contact with another infected animal.
- Some of the most common allergies can be triggered by something in the environment around your dog or cat, such as pollen, dust, or mildew.
- Even though food sensitivity isn’t the most common cause of skin conditions, it can definitely be a contributor. Some dogs and cats can develop an allergy to a substance that results in intense itching, or a rash.
Your pet’s comfort is extremely important to us, so if you have any questions about your pet’s behavior at home or suspect they have a problem, you can always call us at (321) 406-1618! Trust the care of your pet to the professionals at Ocean Animal Hospital!